YMCA Swim Team, YBR Hurricanes, is a competitive program where swimmers from different YMCA branches, train in skill development and endurance, to compete with each other and as members of the Greater Baton Rouge Swim League.
- Ages 5 - 18
- Ability to swim 25 yards of any stroke
- Ability to pass a YMCA swim test.
Our trained staff of coaches work to improve a swimmer's skill level and endurance while promoting a healthy lifestyle. The YMCA Swim Team program embraces the Y's core values and promotes teamwork and fun.
Team Practice: The YMCA of the Capital Area offers swim team at the Americana YMCA, C.B. Pennington Jr. YMCA, A.C. Lewis YMCA, Paula G. Manship YMCA, ExxonMobil YMCA, and Dow Westside YMCA. For schedules and times please contact the Aquatic Director of your branch.
Swim Meets: Members of the Y swim team compete with each other and other members of the Greater Baton Rouge Swim League. Meets are held Fridays or Saturdays in the spring and fall, and Thursdays in the summer. Locations vary. Contact your coach for more information on swim meets.
- Swimmers should come to practice dressed and ready to swim.
- Clothes, swim bags and other personal items should be stored in a safe secure location (i.e. locker rooms)
- Family appropriate, clean swimsuit and swim wear required
- Towels and goggles (suggested)